Disconnect from your thoughts, social media, and your phone and reconnect with your body while visiting beautiful Red River, New Mexico. It is hard these days to get away from the media and technology. That can make it hard to find time for yourself whether that means to meditate, take a short walk, or even just relax and listen to the rain as you sit on the patio of the beautiful cabin you rented from us for the week.
The average person spends 7 hours a day online. In today’s world, there is no need to wait for answers, we no longer venture outside of our new normal. We do not venture to the public library and spend hours flipping through books. Anything we need is at the tip of our fingers and it is time for us to get away from that, especially when you’re out in the beautiful mountains of Red River!
Spending so much time on our phones, tablets, and tv our bodies are constantly wondering. Our minds are not rested, our eyes are tired and we often find ourselves thinking about ‘what ifs’. Here are some things you can do in Red River to disconnect in order to reconnect.
- Enjoy your morning coffee on the porch as you watch for wildlife. Spend early mornings and late evenings outdoors. In the early morning, you may get lucky enough to see a herd of elk walk through the front yard.
- Put your phone down, grab your fishing gear and head out to one of the many lakes around to do some trout fishing. Follow the river as it leads up into the Upper Valley and fish from the bank, or better yet, hop into the river and get the full experience.
- If you’re staying at a cabin in town, go for a walk through town and along the river. Take a hike on *Red River’s Nature Trail which starts at the base of the Face.
- For more experienced hikers, grab a backpack filled with snacks and water and hike *Middle Fork Lake Trail. This hike is more moderate and takes about 3 hours to get to the lake at the top. You can even carry camping gear up with you and camp out for the night or two.
- Rent an ATV or jeep from Bobcat Pass Wilderness Adventures and enjoy an adventure with fabulous views. There are multiple places you can rent ATVs from in Red River. They book up fast so don’t wait to call. It’s best to call and reserve at least one week in advance.
- Horseback Riding with Red River Stables. Choose a short one-hour ride or choose a ride that goes up to Middle Fork Lake. This option is a full-day excursion and is recommended for those who don’t mind horseback riding for hours.
The team at Reservations Unlimited challenges you to disconnect to reconnect with yourself, your faith, and your family the next time you’re in Red River. Take the time on your next vacation to really put forth the effort to be yourself and do what you love.
*If we are experiencing a dry season, or wildfires in the area, the national forest, and local trails could be forced to close. We always encourage guests to check with the town officials for the latest updates.